The College was established for Training PI Teachers in 1993 by PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF EAST AFRICA (PCEA) to supplement Government’s effort in addressing the serious teacher shortage at that time.
In 2003, it started offering Diploma in Teacher Education. In 2009, it started offering ECDE at Certificate and Diploma level.
In 2011, it started undergraduate courses in collaboration with The Presbyterian University of East Africa.
These college Principals have worked in this college since its inception.
- 1993- 1996 – Rev. Dr. Charles K. Ndanyu
- 1997 – 2007 – Mr. Junius P. Gitonga
- 2008 – To April 2016 – Mr. Joel J. Ngatiari, OGW
- 2016 May – 2018 Sep – Rev. Dr. Linus Micheni
- 2018 Nov to 2019 Sep – Mr. B. Kinyua Njoka
- 2019 Dec to Date – Mr. Mukundi S. M.
(a) Mr. Mukundi S. M. is the Chief Executive Officer.
(b) There are 20 Non-Teaching Staff and 26 lecturers.