RUBATE TEACHERS COLLEGE HEALTH CENTRE
ABOUT THE HEALTH FACILITY
The idea of starting the Health Centre came about in the year 2005 when the community realized that there was a need for a modern Health Centre. This is because there was a lot of suffering of the people around. Rubate is located together with the college community. There alot of preventable diseases like malaria, diarrhea diseases, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS, accidents lack of health care and education programs.
And to the above concern the community with the help of the college started both local and foreign funds raising and were able to get the first donors funding from SONKA (southern Ohio Northern Kentucky Association of the united church Christ) USA. The local community was able to donate labour as voluntary services towards the construction of this health facility.
The ministry of health certificated in designing the plan of the hospital which was then drawn by the ministry of the public works personnel. This facility opened its doors to the community on 25th September 2007, when it was officially dedicated by the Presbyterian Church in the presence of SONKA –UCC leadership.
FACILITY OBJECTIVES (OVERAL GOALS)
To ensure a healthy community through promotive, preventive and curative
1. To be able to handle emergencies and simple cases and advice give to the patients /clients in their health cards
2. To be able to give health education to the local community, the college students and the staff.
3. To be able to render maternal child health care and family planning services (reproductive health care).
4. To offer immunization services.
5. To offer HIV/AIDS, STD, education counseling and safety services.
6. To offer Anti-retroviral drugs to the people living with HIV/AIDS in the community.
7. To be able to handle surgery procedures at the clinic minor theatre.
8. Be able to conduct deliveries at the maternity section at the health facility.
9. Be able to treat patients/clients both as outpatient and inpatients.
10. Identify services / cases referral to other health facilities.
11. Be able to offer school based health programs to the nearby schools.
12. Be able to collaborate with other organizations that are offering the same services to the community.
SERVICES OFFERED AT THE HEALT FACILITY
• Outpatient/inpatient services
• Counseling services
• Maternity services
• Linda mama-free maternity
• Maternal child health care
• Immunization services
• Antenatal services
• Reproductive health-family planning
• Minor theatre services
• Pharmacy services
• Hypertension programs(HHA)
• Diabetes programmes-B.O.P(basic of pyramid)
• Tuberculosis programmes
• Community health volunteer services
• Mobile outreach services
Facility is NHIF accredited
PARTNERSHIP AND COLLABORATION
The facility partners and collaborates with the faculty organization/institution
1. Sonka-ucc USA
2. Christian Health Association of Kenya
3. PSI-Kenya Tunza
4. Mission of essential drugs(MEDS)
5. Ministry of Health County Government of Tharaka Nithi
6. Sounding Health Institution
7. National Hospital Insurances Funds (NHIF)
8. Nearby schools and churches
9. Local administration office.